Friday, August 15, 2008

'Keeping It Rielle', or maybe not exactly




Maureen Dowd is whip-smart, perceptive, feisty, progressive and non-partisan. She's a fantastic writer, and tells it like it is. In this brief column, she skewers John Edwards, Bill Clinton, George W., and Eliot Spitzer, all within one tiny sentence.

She points out very effectively the masks politicians wear and the emerging shadow aspects that plague them in their quest to become famous, rich and powerful. In other words, to get elected, and stay popular.

She is my favorite writer and journalist at the moment, and I think I have a girl-crush on her. ;)

In case above link doesn't work:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/10/opinion/10dowd.html?ex=1234238400&en=9b7f748e1dbef0e6&ei=5087&excamp=NYT-E-I-NYT-E-AT-0813-L4&WT.mc_ev=click&WT.mc_id= NYT-E-I-NYT-E-AT-0813-L4

No comments: