Monday, December 24, 2007

Peace (and Joy)

PEACE- The Guardian of Water
To all those who celebrate the birth of the Christ, Happy Christmas!

This eve reminds me of when I was a young girl, and would go to midnight mass with a neighbor's family, or with my Nanny (Dad's mother).
Attending church on Christmas Eve was always so peaceful and joyful for me (back before I understood all the divisiveness of
religious dogma!)

I know now that it was in that sacred space, singing carols and lighting candles, that I first felt the presence of the Divine. I felt a warm, open spaciousness in my heart and a lifting of my burdens. I knew that perfect love existed in that moment, no matter what else was happening in my life.

Today I awoke as I have for the past 13 days, grieving a lost love and friendship. But I realized today that as I awoke, I was taking on this grief. That in my sleep, my heart was clear, and that the emotion 'settled' in the heart area to be expressed. Which I did, with gratitude.

And I had an insight...this is temporary.

Not just the grief, but all of it. That our true state IS love. That open, peace-filled heart space is always there, and it is the only constant. Accessing that peace is the thing that can get us all through the more challenging times (and sometimes people) of this holiday season.

So...I decided to do a little pagan divination this morning, since I am reading a new book: 'The Jesus Mysteries- Was the "Original Jesus" A Pagan God?' by Timothy Freke & Peter Gandy. I say yes, but I am only on page 3 {grin}

I have a beautiful pagan, pop-culture oriented tarot deck called 'Full Moon Dreams' by Lunaea Weatherstone. I fell in love with it when I first saw it on-line, and I just had to have it!

Today, I went and chose a card from the Oracle on her website. Here is a link if you'd like to try it for yourself:

And with perfect and beautiful synchronicity, this is the card I chose:

Peace- Guardian of Water

A swan sails serenely down the stream of emotion, feeling the cool gentle waters supporting her as she floats. And the Guardian of Water dances on the unruffled surface as well, as calm and poised as a water lily. His hands together over his heart in a gesture of protection, he symbolizes the peaceful spirit, one who is not dragged under by emotion's waves, but rather accepts each moment as perfect, letting feelings wash over him as easily as drops of water off a lily pad.
Breathe. Be at peace. All is well.

And so it is.

Wishing you a beautiful, peace-filled day.

No comments: