Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Seeds of Wholeness



I awoke today with a lead stone in my chest,
where my heart should be.
Heavy. Weighted down with grief, and anger.
Feeling wasted, barren.
Mind racing back to times gone by, and love lost.
Missing the beloved, separate from the other.
Separate even from myself.

Patterns of loss stamp themselves anew today;
deception, betrayal, jealousy, need, obsession.
The depth of emotion feels staggering to me.
There is nothing to be done but learn to be still now,
and not run to the next distraction.
Tears flow freely for myself, and then more.
Self-pity is unbecoming. Eyes red, swollen.
So tired. So tired of crying. So tired,
crying for a love destroyed before it could ever flower fully.
“Who?” You might ask.
“How many?” I would answer.

I have proven to myself that I was unlovable. Unworthy.
Over and over, the cycle repeated itself.
Deep, unrequited love.
Then I would hide behind a mask.
Which woman would I be today?
Which single-minded desire can I fulfill so that I can be loved, at least for a little while?
Eventually, it became a mask of independence and certainty, when I felt anything but.
I hid my vulnerability away, and the fear of not being seen truly became not being seen.
The prophecy became self-fulfilling.

Holding, and withholding became an instinctive,
protective way of being.
Fear of judgment and rejection drove away my ability to actively love, to be fully present to another being.
To receive the care of another being who was also like me.
Who is also God.

For I recognize myself in pain,
covered over with the grime of the past.
The questions “Does anyone truly see me?
Does anyone really care to see?” then became,
“When was the last time I allowed anyone to see?”

Then questions of divinity..
“Who am I if not God?”
“And if I am the female aspect, where is the masculine aspect to ignite the spark of my passion once again?”
“If I have recognized the light within, then why can I not see the divine within as complete?”

Memory surfaces, of my asking the mother,
“What is your dream for me?”
She was in the starlight, and she answered;
“The sacred flower of life- that is the dream for all my children. Speak the truth of your heart, and love.
Love, the verb. Love actively, without fear,
completely and passionately.”

Finally, emotion spent, comes understanding.
The stone in my chest, occupying my heart center
is like a pit... a giant seed.
And today, it cracked wide open,
spilling dry contents on the damp soil to be fertilized.
I surrender my dreams of union to the Earth,
and gift the mother with my sacrifice.
I water it with my tears, allowing the unseen beauty of my soul to radiate heat and light,
to nourish the tiny, fragile growth.
I turn over my sacred caring,
and will nurture the tender growth that arises.
I will allow the joy of wholeness to emerge.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Said so beautifully, so completely, and for so many of us that share in this process of seeing ourselves as divine, as love, as capable of being loved.

You are loved by so many and by opening to that vibration, stop... open to the vibration of love that surrounds and envelopes you. We all will allow the "chatter" to quiet and become love also.

You are bold, loving and kind. Thanks for being on this journey!
Ally

Alyce Walker said...

Thank you so much for your kind and loving words. They brought tears to my eyes today, and a smile to my lips.

Much Love,
A.

Jim Wert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim Wert said...

Reading this on the 3rd anniversary of this post is a real privilege. I know the person you are today: fully open, Heart-centered, wise, filled with Joy and Light, and living in the Now. So grateful for this chance to go a littler deeper. Blessings and much Love

Alyce Walker said...

Thank you, Jim. It is an honor to know you, and to be Seen for who I am in my growth and uncertainty and imperfection. Much love to you, my brother, and lover of the Feminine in all her forms.