Sunday, March 9, 2008

Poisoning our Planet...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080309/ap_on_re_us/pharmawater_i

Or perhaps we should call it unintentional drug use?

I used to think using drugs to 'maintain' health was just a matter of personal choice until this story broke about the remnants of pharmaceutical drugs in our water supply. In our drinking water. Our already processed drinking water.

And not just one or two, but multiple combinations of drugs found in the drinking water supplies of all the major cities tested. Not limited to the US, but in cities all over the world.

This is absolutely frightening...and completely unacceptable.

Six years ago, I made a conscious decision to utilize alternative healing methods and treatments as a primary path of wellness, and western allopathic medicine secondarily. I have never regretted this decision, though I still get infuriated monthly when I have to pay a large insurance company the equivalent cost of a new luxury car payment each month for 'health care' I don't use, that doesn't recognize the therapies I do use as valid and covers none of my out-of-pocket expenses.

I do not take medications unless absolutely necessary. I have a disdain for the big pharmacos, and their quest to own the world through medicating the populace. With hundreds of billions of dollars in sales a year (2006 info) $196.2 billion in the US alone, it seems nearly everyone is living better through chemistry.
http://www.metrics2.com/blog/2007/02/06/global_pharmaceutical_sales_grew_5_to_386_billion.html

I don't choose to take pharmaceuticals, but it appears I get them in multiple doses daily when I bathe, eat or drink anything whether I want to or not. Heart medications, cholesterol lowering drugs, antibiotics, blood pressure meds, birth control, hormone replacement, antidepressants...you name it, we've got it in our groundwater.

The drugs that people electively choose to take are not completely absorbed by the body, and up to 10% can pass straight through into the water supply. Water processing treatment is NOT designed to remove these undesirable leftovers. There is also the un-elective use of steroids and antibiotics used on farm animals in order to bulk them up, and keep them 'healthy'. There were much higher levels of these drugs found downstream of large areas where animal waste is introduced into the groundwater.

Our government has responded with assurances that the water is safe, and these drugs are at minute levels.

Sure....right. I also believe that industries can always self-regulate for the betterment of mankind. And in Santa Claus, but I digress.

The real truth is, no one knows how this will affect us in the long or short term. Over time, even low doses of multiple meds can affect your immune system, kill fish, produce unforeseen changes in the sex of small animals, etc.

Before you go looking for some bottled water to drink, keep reading. Spring water comes from a ground source. Most bottled water is unfiltered, and is not usually purified. And get this...are you ready for the kicker? Even if it says it is purified, the industry is not regulated, and only reverse osmosis purification removes these drugs from water. They don't list how the water was purified on the label, you have to call the company for that.

Since I doubt I will be able to convince people that they don't need to take multiple drugs daily (especially over the protestations of the docs who've sold out to big pharma), I've decided to take matters into my own hands. Literally.

As a Reiki master, I was aware of the ability to send gratitude and energy into my food and drink. I think I just got lazy, thinking that organic food was OK, and that I really didn't have to go through that effort all the time. I was wrong!

There was a symbol I received four years ago in a journey. It was received from an ancestral force, and he explained that it was to transmute water. This symbol would allow the water to receive love energy, which raises the vibrational level of the water, and changes the very structure of the molecules. Dr Masaru Emoto has written multiple and timely books on the subject, so I won't go into it here.
http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Power-Water-Masaru-Emoto/dp/1401908764/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205670347&sr=8-1

I've decide to utilize this symbol, and pass it on to anyone who might be interested. As we continue to poison our environment, and the waters of our planet, we will need to rely not only on technology, but on the very energy that is in and around us in order to flourish.

Many Blessings.

No comments: